Happy Heavenly Birthday Zoey Grace

It happened in an instant.


I see two lines. I feel it. I know it. You are present. Your presence is real.


You are the third. Always.


You Graced us with your presence for only a few short weeks but you were here. You were someone who changed my life. Completely. Fully. You were a gift.

I remember.

I remember the smell of the house, the fresh air wafting through and I remember the excitement and anxiety that surrounded your coming.

I remember telling him.

Telling them.

Telling everyone.

I remember it and I close my eyes and can see it. I can see my dreams holding you inside. I see you joining us, tiny black ringlets, blue eyes and a smile that light up the room.

I remember my dreams and then.......

I remember your presence leaving as well.

I remember walking, smelling cigar smoke and that nausea I once felt was gone. Was that okay?

What was going on?

Why did I hurt?

Was it physical pain?

Should we go?

Should we stay?

If I didn't move, could I save you?

No.

You were not strong enough for the pain on this earth. Perhaps you were sent to heal me as I struggled to place one foot in front of the other.

No matter what you were sent for, you were a presence. You were a present.

How I wished it would stop. The pain. The sadness. The emotion but I lay still, hoping, wishing and wanting that you would be okay.

I said good bye.

Your dad knew I needed time alone.

I waited. I cried. I slept.

I watched as you left, your spirit, your body, your whole being.

Gone.

And I wept.

I wept for what I lost.

I wept for what I might have had.

I wept for the empty hole no one could ever fill.

I said good bye.

Good bye to you.

Good bye to what was.

Good bye to what could have been.

As you await in Heaven on your 9th Heavenly Birthday, I remember.

I remember how you made me feel.

I remember the butterflies and warmth that washed over me knowing we were together and one day I will feel that again, when Momma come home.

Happy Heavenly Birthday Zoey Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About that Baby

To Be or Not To Be...Politically Correct

How Does Autism Manifest in Serrie?